Find A Voice was registered as a charity in October 1996 (Charity No. 1058697). Since 2001 the organisation has operated from a single storey Centre in Ashford, Kent providing services primarily to those in the county of Kent.
Find A Voice supports children and adults who have a severe speech, language or communication difficulty, and who may require some form of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) support. This can include signing, symbols or a communication aid. Support is provided in person, by telephone and via this website.
A world in which people with severe speech problems are able to find their voice
Supporting people of all ages who have severe speech, language and communication needs by providing access to life enhancing advice, equipment and training
Our aims to achieve this are:
- a well informed and sympathetic advice service via telephone, email and personal contact for anyone with severe speech and communication difficulties; their families and carers, GPs and other practitioners
- specialist equipment on a no-cost trial basis to build basic communication skills, establish suitability of use and evidence of need
- advice and awareness training to public and private organisations to enable them to understand and communicate with those without a voice
- advice to legal, professional and public bodies on how best to communicate with and assist clients who have difficulty in voicing their needs
- contribute to and liaise with research and development channels to keep abreast of advances in communication technology
- develop relationships with organisations involved in relevant medical research, providing case histories when appropriate
- establish robust, diversified and sustainable funding
- continue to actively seek, value and build positive networking, exchange of information and collaboration with our partners.